Just out today, a three-chapter sample of the Extras Edition of Border Field Blues for iPad. It’s like a book and an app all rolled into one! This is something I’ve been working on for awhile, starting with a one-quarter sabbatical I was able to take from my teaching duties a year ago. If you have an iPad, please check it out and let me know what you think. You can email me or make a public comment directly from the book/app. You’ll need a WiFi/Network connection for the extra features to work.
Here’s what’s included:
- First three chapters of Border Field Blues
- Chapter by Chapter Extras – Author’s Notes, Video and Maps
- Deleted or Alternate Chapters
- Author’s comments on plot characters, and locations
- Related videos from YouTube
- Readers can add/read/share comments
- Email the author directly from the book
- Facebook Sharing
The full version of the app should be released by the end of March, but I’m anxious to get some feedback, so I’m making this sample available now. The first 25 people who email or comment directly from the sample app will qualify for a free copy of the full version when it comes out. How’s that for an enticement!.